1. Introduction to MATLAB
Learning programming language is really interesting. In this lesson we will learn about the basic overview of MATLAB. So let’s start.
- MATLAB is developed by MathWorks. It is the high-level language and interactive environment used by millions of engineers and scientists worldwide.
- MATLAB (stands for MATrix LABoratory) is a special-purpose computer program optimized to perform engineering and scientific calculations.
- It is a fourth-generation high-level programming language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization and programming.
- The language was originally developed in the 1970’s for applications involving matrices, linear algebra, and numerical analysis.
- MATLAB has a number of add-on software modules, called toolboxes, that perform more specialized computations.
- It allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, Java, Fortran and create models and applications.
- It has numerous built-in commands and math functions that help you in mathematical calculations. Note that for any kind of help or to find any kind of built-in function and command MATLAB help is very useful.
Basic Features of MATLAB:
Following are some commonly used mathematical calculations where it is used most commonly:
- Dealing with Matrices and Arrays.
- 2-D and 3-D Plotting and graphics.
- Linear Algebra.
- Algebraic Equations.
- Non-linear Functions.
- Data Analysis.
- Calculus and Differential Equations.
- Numerical Calculations.
- Curve Fitting.
- Various other special functions.
Uses of MATLAB:
It is used in a range of applications including:
- Signal Processing and Communications.
- Image and Video Processing Control Systems.
- Test and Measurement.
- Computational Finance.
- Computational Biology.
So friends this is the end of our first lesson which is about the introduction of MATLAB. Please share this article if you like and do not forget to comment.