Ch # 6 Transition Elements Short Question
Those elements which have partially filled d or f-subshells in atomic state or in any of their comrnonly occurring oxidation states are called transition ‘elements. The d-block and the f-block elements are called transition elements because they are located between the s and p-block elements, and their properties are in transition between the metallic elements of the s-block and nonmetallic element. of the p-block……………
- Properties of Transition Elements.
- Complex Compounds.
- Chromates and Dichromates.
- Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4).
In this chapter you will learn:
- The definition and classification of transition elements.
- The electronic configurations and the general characteristics like colour binding energies, etc.
- The definition of a complex compound and the related terms like ligand, coordination number, etc.
- The nomenclature and the geometrical shapes of simple complex compounds.
- A brief description of the manufacture of wrought iron and steel from iron ore.
- How corrosion is caused and the ways to prevent it.
- The important methods of preparation of potassium chromate, potassium dichromate, potassium permanganate and their properties.
Please view Online and also share your comments and suggestions. Thanks